Thursday, October 18, 2012

Daddy's girl

This morning Chris made Leah her favorite "eggycheesy" for breakfast, after eating what he had made she then wanted more. So she asked daddy for more and daddy said "no I'm done cooking". So I proceeded to teach leah the art of getting her way with her daddy. I took her over to daddy, had her give daddy a big hug, look at him with her big blue eyes and say "please daddy, I love you, please make me more eggycheesy". Of course, being a daddy's girl myself, this ploy worked and daddy did indeed make her more.
How could he not, I mean look at her.
 My sister and I are daddy's girls ourselves, even in our 30's, so we have had a lot of time to perfect the art. The Lord has blessed us with a wonderful earthly father who would do anything for us and spoiled us rotten. When we were kids he would always have some kind of treat for us in his pocket. He also took some of our friends under his wings, throughout childhood and teen years we had friends who did not have good father figures in their lives so when we would have them over he treated them as his daughters also. Sadly there are a lot of children who don't have father figures, especially with the rise of extramarital pregnancies and divorce. I just want to remind people that we do have a father in heaven who loves us more then anything, and wants us to know him. God doesn't promise any of us an easy ride but he can promise that if you know him he will always be there and will never let us fall. There's a song by the christian group, Group 1 crew called "He said" that I really love...here are the lyrics.
 So your life feels like
It don't make sense
And you think to yourself
I'm a good person
So why do these things keep happening?
Why you gotta deal with them
You may be knocked down now, but don't forget
What He said, He said

(Chorus)
I won't give you more
More than you can take
And I might let you bend
But I won't let you break
And no, I'll never ever let you go
And no, don't you forget what He said

Who you worrying, and what you're going through
So don't let it get the best of you
'Cause God knows everything you need
So you ain't gotta worry
You may be knocked down now
But just believe what He said

Chorus

Don't fear when you go through the fire
Hang on when it's down to the wire
Stand tall and remember what He said

2 comments:

  1. You father is an amazing man. I am blessed enough to say I was one of those kids under his caring wing!!

    ReplyDelete